These peanut bars are a real treat, especially when you gift a favorite friend or relative. With lots of holiday baking going on, there are coupons and sales on basic baking supplies at many stores. Get ready for lots of smiles!
4 cups quick oats
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
2/3 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup plus 2/3 cup chunky peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla
1 6 ounce package milk chocolate chips
1 11 ounce package butterscotch chips
1 cup salted peanuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Combine oats, brown sugar and corn syrup.
- Pour melted butter over mixture, then stir.
- Add 1/4 cup peanut butter and vanilla, then mix well.
- Transfer to greased 9 x 13 pan, spread evenly and press down firmly with spatula.
- Bake 12 minutes then remove from oven.
- Let cool till firm.
- Melt chips.
- Stir in 2/3 cup peanut butter and peanuts.
- Spread over baked bars.
- Cool completely then cut into bars.