The windows are open airing out the abode from the winter hibernation allowing for the sun to shed new light on the stale decor. Springtime is the perfect opportunity to give the abode a new wardrobe. Without breaking the budget one can achieve a new look by revamping the decor with just a few new pieces and a little elbow grease.
The bedroom is a room that can easily be transformed with a bit of newness.
An entire new look can be achieved simply by just changing the bedding.
Remove the heavy comforter that kept you warm all winter and replace it with a couple of lighter quilts. Keep the colors soft and in neutral and natural shades. Greens, off white, taupe and a subtle lavender are lovely in the bedroom promoting peaceful sleep. If you like bright colors then pillows, a bed scarf and new lampshades can bring in the warmth of the sunshine in yellows, oranges, and reds.
The living room, dining room and family rooms can easily get a new look with some simple changes.
New furnishings may be your dream but it just might not be in the budget. There are ways to achieve a designer look as if new decor has been added to the room without spending the big bucks.
- A dining room can easily be redecorated simply by adding a new table runner for the new season with fresh flowers.
- The living room and family room furniture can be renewed into a fresh appearance easily with custom made slip covers that are very affordable and will turn old sofas and chairs into a brand new look.
Ask Get referrals and find adds in the local Pennysaver for individuals who make slipcovers. They should come over to assess your items and give you a price along with the yardage you will need. Add new excitement by using one fabric for the base and another for cushions. Then add interesting piping. When shopping for fabric, try fabric manufacturers’ warehouses for great deals.
- Freshen up the windows by changing treatments. Add a long ceiling to floor sheer drape over a inexpensive roller shade.
Make a window valance with the same fabric that is being used to make slipcovers.
- Clean out the fireplace from the winter use and place a plant on the hearth to bring the springtime inside.
- Swap out the old area rugs and lamp shades with new one in lovely new colors and patterns.
- Toss some new pillows in different shapes, textures, colors and patterns to accessorize the sofa and chairs.
- Swap around the artwork from different rooms to create new groupings to add new excitement to the decor.
Enjoy the loveliness that spring brings with the fresh scents in the air and the new life of beautiful greenery sprouting. Bring some plants into the furnishings to add to the new refreshed decor wardrobe. Let the sun shine in and relish the rays. Never be afraid to dance!
Subscribe and enjoy reading all of my articles under the titles of Interior Decorating, Long Island Interior Design, Decorating, Arts & Exhibits, Lifestyle, as well as General Pets, Fashion Trends, and Long Island Prepper written for Examiner.com.