It’s almost that time of the year…fall TV is almost back! While there have been a few good summer shows, this Examiner bets most people have been yearning for their favorite shows to return for the regular fall/spring season (not to mention all the new shows that are peaking their interest).
Every fall a new crop of TV shows premiere hoping to develop a following in order to last more than a few episodes into a full season pick-up. Here’s a short list to get your mouths watering about what is to come in the next few months on TV:
• Brooklyn Nine-Nine (Fox, September 17th at 8:30pm) – This new show starring Andy Samberg and Andre Braugher is definitely going to bring some laughter to your life. Andy Samberg plays a goofy detective who has to learn how to deal with his strict new boss (Andre Braugher).
• Once Upon a Time in Wonderland (ABC, Thursday, October 18th at 8pm) – Basically this is a show that Once Upon a Time fans will love. This show follows Alice, who is about to be cured by doctors because everyone thinks she is insane. Oh, also, she is in love with a genie. Count me in.
• Super Fun Night (ABC, Wednesday October 2nd at 9pm) – This show is produced by Conan O’Brien and Rebel Wilson, who stars in the show. Just by that fact alone, this show should be a good one. The premise? Every Friday night, three girlfriends stay in and party just by themselves. When Rebel Wilson’s character Kimmie gets a promotion she tries to shake things up by having the girls venture into the real world.
• Chicago PD (NBC, Midseason) – This new show from NBC is a spin-off of Chicago Fire, easily one of NBC’s brightest new shows from last season. Instead of focusing on the fire department, this show will surround one of the villains, Sergeant Voight from Chicago Fire, along with the rest of the uniformed police and those in the Intelligence Division.
• The Crazy Ones (CBS, Thursday, September 26th at 9pm) – Sarah Michelle Gellar is back for another attempt at TV, but this time with Robin Williams alongside her. The Crazy Ones is a comedy that follows Gellar and Williams as they play a father and daughter team who run an advertising agency together.
• Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (ABC, Thursday, September 24th at 8pm) – Coming off the heels of the blockbuster movie The Avengers, this new show from Joss Whedon follows Agent Phil Coulson (Clark Gregg) as he assembles S.H.I.E.L.D. to protect the world from the extraordinary.
• Hostages (CBS, Monday, September 14th at 10pm) – This drama surrounds a surgeon, played by Toni Collette, who is kidnapped alongside her family right before she is set to operate on the President.
This is only a sampling of what’s coming to your TV screens this fall. In case you’re wondering what the rest of the fall TV schedule has to offer, check out this comprehensive list at EOnline.
Get your DVRs set. This fall TV season is setting up to be a good one!