Liam in a tuxedo ... need I say more?
The season four premiere of "90210" on the CW network had plenty of eye candy, surprises, and of course ... drama. Here's a recap of what went down on the premiere Tuesday night, "Up In Smoke" ...
- Turns out Naomi is not pregnant, and it was just a false positive on the test. Max was a little too excited about that news, and went on to MIT as he planned. Naomi was left broken-hearted.
- Naomi moved on and bought a mansion to start off her new life at California University (CU) (much like the normal, everyday freshman does!) She threw a huge bash (with musical guest Theophilus London) to help build a social status at CU, which literally went “Up In Smoke” when authorities came in after complaints of noises, bon fire, etc. Naomi ended up in handcuffs, which likely was not the accessory she wanted for the evening.
- Newlyweds Ivy and Raj moved in to the guest house at Naomi’s; while Annie moved into the mansion with Naomi. Annie’s mom, Debbie, moved off to Paris with Ryan and his baby (writing the adult cast out of the show).
- Annie came into money with her late-actress-friend Marla’s will, but now Marla’s family is contesting it.
- Navid moved in with Silver, but brought along way more than just his toothbrush. His younger sister, Leila, who is a senior in high school, is staying with them so she didn’t have to leave the country with her mother and younger siblings. So basically, Navid and Silver get to play parents to the teen, who seems to be enjoying her freedom with drinking, partying, and an annoying ability to bring Adrianna in tow.
- Speaking of Adrianna, she is trying to redeem herself to her friends, but Silver made it clear she wants nothing to do with her. In what seems like an attempt to get back into the group of friends (aside from following around Leila like they are new besties), Adrianna sleeps with Dixon’s new beach house roommate, Austin (new eye candy this season). Her appearance to Dixon on the deck in the morning pretty much ruined his vision of enjoying a cup of coffee with his new ocean view.
- Teddy (who is supposed to be leaving the show, FYI, and Trevor Donovan is now listed under guest stars and not main cast) lost the nerve to tell his father over the summer that he is gay. But he ended up leaving his dad a voicemail with the news. Hey, at least it wasn’t a text, right?
- And then there’s Liam, who as fore mentioned, was in a tuxedo. Definitely nice eye candy, but things didn’t go as planned for him. After being gone all summer while working on a fishing boat, and leaving Annie wondering where she stood with him, he showed up and plopped a diamond ring on her car and plopped a marriage proposal on Annie. She made it clear it wasn’t exactly romantic (Annie’s opinion, not mine!), and was upset with him for not hearing from him all summer.
- So in an attempt to please Annie and be romantic, Liam dressed in a tuxedo (YUM!) and brought along rose petals and musicians to formally propose to Annie at Naomi’s bash. It was a little awkward, though, as Annie had invited a guy she met at CU to the party, and she also turned down Liam’s proposal (crazy!) in front of everyone. OK, so she wasn’t ready for marriage, but she could have at least said “yes” for Liam’s sake … and then turned him down privately later. Either way, it was awkward. But Liam looked good.
- Lastly, Liam drank his sorrows with his buddies at a beach bar (and yes, the owner/bartender was William Russ, the dad from “Boy Meets World.”) Having $25,000 in his pocket from his summer job, which he was hoping to share with Annie for their future, a drunken Liam woke up on the beach as the new owner of the bar.
Liam plopping a diamond ring on Annie’s car, proposing marriage. (She may not have appreciated it, but the 90210 Examiner thought it was a pretty cool surprise. Although, we later got the tuxedo-wearing Liam, so all is good.)
Oh, and second place has to go to Naomi's bad move of dumping marijuana plants onto the bonfire to put out the flames. OMG!
"90210" airs Tuesdays at 8 p.m. ET/7 p.m. CT on the CW network.
What did you think about the season four premiere? Sound off below in comments.
Follow the 90210 Examiner on Twitter and Facebook, and subscribe for e-mail alerts above. And stay with the 90210 Examiner for news, recaps, discussions, and more about "Beverly Hills, 90210" and "90210."