Wondering what to do with that tiny alcove or undersized breakfast nook? Use these tips to make the most of your square footage:
- Scale Down Your Style – Opt for streamlined versions of your favorite furniture pieces. Choosing armless sofas and chairs gives you more flexibility in laying out your rooms.
- Seek Out Secret Storage – Look for opportunities to add secret storage. For example, tuck storage cubes under a console table for extra storage and seating!
- Un-Divide and Conquer – Open up your floor plan by removing dividing walls between your main rooms.
- Save Floor Space – Conserve valuable floor space by choosing mounted lighting fixtures, replacing side tables with floating shelves or adding hanging storage baskets and hooks.
- Do Double Duty – Choose flexible furniture that can serve a dual purpose, like a leather footstool that doubles as a moveable seat or pull-up side table.
- Head Into the Hallway – Don’t forget to utilize the extra space in your hallways, staircase landings and entryways! Add a bookcase, a narrow bench or even a cozy chair to create a reading nook.
- Build It In – Choose built-ins over freestanding furniture pieces to decrease the footprint of shelving and seating.
- Go Vertical – Use the full height of your space with floor-to-ceiling bookcases or even a loft bed.
- Mirror Space – Add reflective elements like glass, mirrors or silver accessories to amplify light and the feeling of space.
Josh Parker is the Team Leader of ProFusion Property Group at Keller Williams Realty, Inc., located in Trinity, FL, and an active Tampa YPN Committee Member. ProFusion Property Group specializes in the listing & sale of residential real estate all over Pinellas, Pasco & Hillsborough County. His team has successfully sold over 175 units for their clients in 2012, while maintaining an exceptional “sold price to list price” statistic of 99.08%. For more information, free tips, and free home searches, please visit Josh & the ProFusion Team at www.profusionpg.com!