This examiner was treated with several proton-pump inhibitors and found that none of them alleviated her acid reflux. She looked for natural ways to alleviate it.
These are nine ways to alleviate your reflux.
1. Avoid spicy.
2. Avoid citrus foods.
3. Add alkaline foods into your diet. Adding alkaline foods into your diet will balance the acid in your body.
4. Avoid eating three hours before bed.
5. Avoid wheat products.
6. Avoid dairy products. Try switching to either almond milk or coconut milk.
7. Eliminate processed foods.
8. Avoid the “white” stuff ie potatoes, white rice, pasta, flour, sugar,and breads. Try replacing “white” potatoes with sweet potatoes or yams. Switch white pasta to whole grain, white rice with brown rice, and white bread to a whole grain bread such as Elzekiel bread.
9. Eliminate foods with refined sugars.
Note: Check with your physician before you discontinue use of any medication.