911 Tribute Ride
You've seen the pictures. You've seen the videos and heard the tapes. I still get goosebumps 8 years later when I see and hear the video and audio from that horrible day that changed so many of our lives forever. The day Lady Liberty lost her innocence.
The 9.11 Tribute Ride/Rally starts Friday evening September 11th, 2009 with the 911 Ride to Fuel's in O.P. Kansas.
Anyone that's ever attended this ride can attest to the magnitude and scope of the event. Hundreds, if not thousands, of local area bikers make the ride an annual event.
Check out Gail's HD for the events schedule both for Friday and Saturday. Saturday's rally is always a great time with lots of booths, bands and activities for the kids. Be sure to go by the military displays and thank the men and women in uniform for their service and sacrifice. Oh, and don't leave home without your head screwed on straight, and a plan, man.
Check out these other Motorcycle Examiners:
- Hearings to save the future of youth motocross from CPSIA ban on lead in children's products - Spokane Motorcycle Travel Examiner
- Saint Mary's Glacier and CO 103 Vistas - Colorado Motorcycle Travel Examiner
- My-motorcycle-adventures; heated gear and gloves - Baton Rouge Motorcycle Travel Examiner
- Basket case motorcycle to world record holder--not a problem - National Motorcycle Examiner
- CV carburetor lowdown - Denver Motorcycle Travel Examiner
- Health Care Reform and how motorcyclists may be affected - National Motorcycle Travel Examiner
- Being seen on a motorcycle - Kansas City Motorcycle Examiner
- Motorcycle 101: Braking in a curve - Baltimore Motorcycle Travel Examiner
- One bright spot for motorcycle sales - Seattle Motorcycle Examiner
- The Blue Ridge Parkway -Newark Motorcycle Examiner
- Can-Am Spyder demo ride - first impressions - DC Motorcycle Travel Examiner
- Million-mile rider Lyle Grimes dead at 79 - DC Motorcycle Examiner
- Michigan's best kept secret for bikers - Chicago Motorcycle Examiner