9/11 remembered and crackpot theology

Dr. Terry Jones, Senior Pastor, Dove World Outreach Center, and a proponent of crackpot theology.
nydailynews.com

Comments

Ken
    Thanks for taking the time to comment on this issue. I'm also appalled that this Dr. Jones is identified with Christ and Christians. I do however think that it is interesting that the media does not see how similar these two issues are. Both the Muslim community and Dove World Outreach Centre, ('Outreach' -now there's a misnomer if I've ever heard one), have the legal right to do what they are proposing but neither one is being sensitive to the feelings and sentiments of others. While I certainly don't agree with Dr. Jones in any way, it could be that those who feel the way he does are reacting to this media bias of bending over backwards and double standard that seems to prevail these days in our treatment of Muslims and their demands. In the end I have come to realize there is no political or logical solution to this problem. The only solution is to pray thta God would work in hearts to change the inward heart then the outward actions will change.

• Dorance Calhoun 4 years ago

Ken -- When the Florida church's plans came to light I immediately saw the connection with the New York mosque, but you are the 1st I have seen write about it. Maybe somebody on Fox News will point out the connection but I don't expect to see it in the mainstream media.

Also, I think it is good that Christians denounce this guy as you suggest, I am not sure Patraeus (sp?) and government officials should. That calls more attention to the guy and smacks of censorship.

I agree that burning the koran is a bad idea. What we should do is anytime the members of the religion of love and peace riot in the streets of say Indonesia burning our flag and effigies of prominent Americans we should find a neighborhood populated with mainly people from that country and riot in their street and burn their flags and effigies.

Amazingly rational in the current atmosphere of hyperbolic rhetoric.

I would only point out that, so far, no one has shown anything to indicate that the Cordoba House folks are being anything but truthful when they say they have not even begun the fund-raising - so demands for identification of donors at this time seem more about assumptions and bigotry than about seeking facts.

For a more detailed look at the Islamic center, including it's relationship to the Jewish Community Center in Manhattan, check out the All Things considered piece from yesterday:

It does not matter one bit what folks think. This is America and he can burn what he wants weather you like it or not.
    I keep remembering all the folks burning in the 9/11 attackes and that put this display into perspective.

burn all the korans and the assholes that practice that evil religion.