Wednesday marks the 12th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks. People across the nation are searching for 9 11 memorial quotes to honor those who lost their lives in the terrorist attacks that took place on September 11, 2001.
Many will post 9 11 remembrance quotes on Facebook and Twitter as a way of sharing their thoughts and prayers about the tragedy.
The two popular social media sites didn't exist on September 11, 2001, the day 2,996 people died after a series of devastating events that started at 8:46 a.m. ET.
September 11 emotional day across the U.S.A. Whether you read, write, tweet, talk or just observe a moment of silence on this 11th day of September, it is clear that the nation will indeed 'never forget'.
Quotes from September 11, 2001
- "Make no mistake: The United States will hunt down and punish those responsible for these cowardly acts." - President George Bush
- "All of a sudden there were people screaming. I saw people jumping out of the building. Their arms were flailing. I stopped taking pictures and started crying." - NY free-lance photo journalist, Michael Walters
- "An attack on one is an attack on all." - NATO Secretary-General Lord Robertson
- "This mass terrorism is the new evil in our world today. It is perpetrated by fanatics who are utterly indifferent to the sanctity of human life, and we the democracies of this world are going to have to come together and fight it together." - British Prime Minister Tony Blair
- "Commending the victims to almighty God's mercy, I implore his strength upon all involved in rescue efforts and in caring for the survivors." - Pope John Paul II
- "Freedom itself was attacked this morning by a faceless coward and freedom will be defended." - President George Bush
- "You can be sure that the American spirit will prevail over this tragedy." - Colin Powell