An 8-year-old Yemeni girl has become the latest victim of the Religion of Pieces. Harwan, the little girl, lived in the tribal area of Hardh in northwestern Yemen, near the Saudi border. Her family married Harwan to a bridegroom approximately five times as old as she was. He insisted on his marital rights on their wedding night.
These “rights” translated to ravaging the child so savagely that tissues around her genitals hemorrhaged. Ultimately, she bled to death.
Israeli News Service Arutz Sheva reports there have been calls to arrest the 40-year-old husband as well as the child’s family and husband, as activists demand an end to the practice of child marriage in the Middle East's poorest country.
GP goes on to note:
The toxic combination of tribal culture and Islam means that child brides are common in Yemen. According to a 2010 Yemeni government report, more than 25% of Yemeni brides are 15 and under.
MailOnline notes a widespread belief in that nation that a young bride can be shaped into an obedient wife, bear more children, and be kept away from temptation, adding:
In September 2010, a 12-year-old Yemeni child-bride died after struggling for three days in labor to give birth.
- Consigning children adopted from overseas to a life of potential hardship via the internet
- Sunni man castrated by wife’s family to protest interfaith marriage
- Man arrested for ‘soliciting prostitute’ … on honeymoon
- Man has 4-inch fork removed from inside penis after sex goes wrong
- Peace through pork: Idaho company sells pork-laced ammo as deterrent to Islamic terrorism
- Jihadist plot to assassinate Prince Harry made public
- Non-partial-birth abortions just as horrific as Gosnell’s
- 52-year-old rapist-murderer tried as a juvenile