Are you ready to look and feel your best this summer? Living a healthier life isn’t as difficult as you might think. You don’t have to give up all of your favorite things, just make some simple tweaks to what you’re already doing. Here are 8 simple easy ways to look and feel healthier this summer.
- Sleep more. Lack of sleep not only affects how you look, it also can wreak havoc on your health, potentially causing a heart attack. Aim for 7-8 hours of sleep per night to face each day with your full self. Learn more about sleep and your health here.
- Breathe. Most people don’t realize the benefits of taking 10-minutes out each day to breathe. Deep breathing will not only improve your mental state, increase energy, reduce stress and anxiety, it will also fight off disease. Learn how to breathe here.
- Be positive. Did you know that keeping a positive outlook on life can better enable you to relax and feel happier? A positive mind can also make you an overall healthier individual. It might take some work, but give it a try.
- Pump up the volume. Why not jam out on your way to work each day? Turn up the tunes, move your body to the beat and reap the benefits of feeling happier while burning some extra calories.
- Do yoga. If you haven’t tried yoga, it’s time; you have nothing to lose, only countless benefits to gain. Research proves that practicing yoga not only sculpts your body into its best, it transforms the mind. Check out the best yoga DVD’s here.
- Shut down electronics. You don’t have to give up your phone, Facebook or television, just be aware of how much it consumes your life. Trade an hour of electronics with some form of exercise this summer and watch your mind and body transform.
- Add lemon to your life. Did you know that lemons are one of the most beneficial foods out there? Add it to everything you can including your daily water intake and watch your skin clear and your immune system grow stronger. Learn more about the benefits of lemons here.
- Drink green tea. All teas have their benefits and are a healthier choice over coffee, but green tea is simply the best. Learn the 10 reasons why you should be drinking green tea here.
Recommended by the author: