The first step to wearing orange as a neutral is to forget that it’s orange. I know that sounds a bit crazy but we sometimes get stuck on the fact that we’d never have anything to match these amazing pair of orange pumps so we won’t buy them.
Orange is a very easy color to wear because it goes well with every skin tone and can compliment any color pattern so if we start thinking of orange the same way we think of nude we’ll be able to use it as a neutral.
Casual outfit suggestion: Your favorite pair of jeans with either a white tank or tee or a cute beige top with a nude purse and a pair of orange pumps, or sandals.
Business outfit suggestion: Swap out the white top that you wear with your black, navy, or grey suit for a vibrant orange blouse or a colorful blouse with orange being the dominant color, shoes and purse should be black or nude.
Evening outfit suggestion: You can wear a sexy orange dress and depending on the shade you can choose the best complimenting color from my suggestions below or you can tuck away the black clutch that you depend on and shake things up with an orange clutch. No matter what color dress you wear an orange clutch will work.
Here are eight different shades of orange with complimenting color suggestions.
1. Mango: Mango is a fun flirty lighter shade of orange that represents the beginning of spring. The best color to wear with mango is pink.
2. Coral: Coral is a bit richer than mango. A great complimenting color for coral is turquoise.
3. Tangerine: Tangerine is a full, vibrant, and attention grabbing shade of orange. Some great color suggestions for tangerine are cobalt blue or yellow.
4. Blood Orange: Blood Orange is the perfect blend between bright orange and dark red so the natural color suggestion would be red but you can also wear various shades of gold.
5. Pumpkin: Pumpkin represents fall and the changing of seasons. This warm color is best worn with any color in the beige family.
6. Marigold: Marigold is a warm, dusty apricot shade of orange. This color looks amazing with navy.
7. Burnt Orange: Burnt Orange is like a burst of fire that has a strong, confident feel. Burnt orange is great with black for the perfect “I’m in control but still fun” look.
8. Rust: Rust is the perfect shade of orange for the fall and winter. Rust would look great with various shades of brown.