One of my favorite looks of all time, shirtdresses hasn't quite gotten the recognition it deserves.
I remember fancying shirtdresses as early as 2003 and my favorite go to dress was a banana colored plaid shirt dress from H&M I frequently wore to class.
These days and even back then, I rarely see people out with shirt dresses on despite the fact that the dress itself easily conveys the effortlessly chic motto that is so popular right now.
Given the rise in menswear inspired looks, hopefully the shirtdress will quickly catch on and finally receive the boost it needs.Until then, we can definitely spur things along with a set of 8 perky shirtdresses fit for the Spring.
Style Tip For a complete chic head to toe look pair a shirt dress with oxford shoes or loafers like MICHAEL Michael Kors Graham Cutout Flats . For added feminine flair, pair it with sandals preferably statement sandals like Nine West Matchmade Block Heel Open Toe Sandals
Here are 8 shirtdresses to don this Spring...
1. Preen Celeste Printed Shirt Dress $1,403 matchesfashion.com
2. 10 Crosby Derek Lam Short Shirtdress $395 farfetch.com
3. Striped Shirtdress $33 yesstyle.com
4. Marc Jacobs Shirtdress $541 mytheresa.com
5. Halston Heritage Layered Stretch-Cotton Shirtdress $375 net-a-porter.com
6. Uttam Boutique Tropical Bird Print Shirtdress $91 houseoffraser.co.uk
7. Steven Alan Classic Shirtdress $235 stevenalan.com
8. Moschino Cheap & Chic Palm Tree Print Poplin Shirtdress $650 net-a-porter.com