Grilling can make summertime dinner preparation much easier and it is nice not to have the heat of a 400 degree oven in the kitchen on hot days. However, the same old, plain, grilled chicken breast can get tiring. Here are eight easy dinner ideas for grilled chicken:
- Barbecue Chicken Sandwich (marinating the chicken in bbq sauce or brushing it on while cooking is a great way to give it a smoky, grilled flavor) Served on a bun with lettuce and tomato.
- Spinach Artichoke Chicken Sandwich (spread spinach artichoke dip on the breast as a condiment) Served on sourdough bread with bacon and Provolone cheese.
- Chicken Fajitas (slice the grilled chicken) Serve with tortillas, cheese, sauteed peppers and onion, lettuce and sour cream.
- Caesar Salad (slice the grilled chicken) Served over Romaine leaves with shredded Parmesan or shaved Mozzarella cheese, sliced Roma tomatoes, and croutons.
- Chicken Kabobs (cut the raw chicken into small cubes, marinate with Italian dressing for a few hours, then place on skewers with marinated vegetables (mushrooms, tomato, peppers, onion) or pineapple and grill) Serve with wild rice, homemade mac and cheese, or watermelon.
- Grilled Chicken Penne (cube or shred the grilled chicken) Serve with cooked Penne pasta and your favorite red or Alfredo sauce.
- Chicken Pasta Salad (cube or shred the grilled chicken) Mix into a favorite pasta salad. Serve hot or cold.
- Grilled Chicken Pita (slice the grilled chicken) Serve in a pita with tomatoes, olives, feta, alfalfa sprouts and yogurt dressing.