Philly Beer Week is back again for 2014 and delivering hundreds of craft beer events across dozens of venues throughout the greater metro area from May 30-June 8. This year's celebration will usher in 8 new beers featuring local brewers pooling their talents to whip up a host of collaborative ales created specially for the country's one and only original Beer Week.
Leading the charge is Philly Tripel, brewed by Justin Low, Head Brewer at Dock Street and Anne-Catherine Dilewyns of Brouwerij Dilewyns in Belgium. Expect to see this 8.5% ABV Belgian Abbey Tripel brewed with organic acacia honey from Belgium appear during the Opening Tap festival, Philly Beer Week Beer Garden and at Dock Street Brewing in West Philly. 11.2oz bottles will also be popping up at bars and restaurants throughout the city, so keep your eyes peeled.
More collaborations include:
- Victory/Flying Fish/Yards/Sly Fox/Iron Hill/Nodding Head/Earth - Brotherly Suds V (Pale Ale)
- Free Will/Full Pint - Mango Habanero IPA
- Free Will/Philly Philms - William (Dry Irish Stout)
- Nodding Head/Fat Heads - "Something Hoppy" (TBA)
- Standard Tap/Sly Fox - German-Style Pilsner
- City Tap House/Yards - Just Off Walnut (Belgian Brown Ale)
- Monk's Cafe/Dogfish Head - Blood Moon (Smoky Rye Red Ale)
As you can see, we have everyone from local breweries to film production companies and bars joining forces to bring us a wide variety of fresh, locally crafted beers. Check out the official Philly Beer Week event calendar to see where you can score a pint and keep up with Philly Tap Finder for all the latest taplists throughout the city.