The sensational 70’s style of “American Hustle”, one of the most anticipated movies of the holiday season, is setting the beauty world on fire! With the film debuting nationwide on Friday, December 20th, Graziella Lembo of SalonCapri in Boston, recreated one of the movie’s most iconic styles; Rosalyn - played by Jennifer Lawrence.
Rosalyn’s Retro Glam Updo
- Apply a coat of Kerastase Fibre Architecte to entire hair to start
- Next, create a deep angled side part
- Curl entire head using a 1 inch curling iron or flat iron, in 1 inch sections. Make sure to keep all curls tight and intact. Spray a coat of hairspray to lock in the curls.
- Separate hair into 2 sections front to back. Spray another coat of hairspray for hold.
- Take a small portion of the front of the hair and apply another coat of Kerastase Fibre Architecte to smooth hair and minimize flyaways. This will create the swoop ‘bangs’ in the front.
- Next, take 2 inch sections of hair and backcomb (tease) until desired volume is achieved. Take each section, twist and pin on the top of the head using bobby pins.
- Continue teasing, twisting and pinning each section until all hair is pinned up
- Finish with another coat of hairspray for hold
Can't wait for the movie! And can't wait to rock this new updo! To the showing perhaps?