School is back in session and this is a good time for Capital Region families to take a look their debt situation. Restructuring could mean big monthly savings, for regular bills and to put toward goals and dreams, like retirement.
Here are seven warning signs of debt trouble:
- Have trouble sleeping because you can't afford your monthly bills?
- Rely on credit to pay off monthly bills and fail to pay off the balance?
- Lack a savings cushion of 3-6 month's salary?
- Routinely pay only the minimum due on credit card bills?
- Fear knowing how much you really owe and put off dealing with it?
- Reach or exceed the spending limit on your credit cards?
- Fight with your spouse about debt or fear the day he or she finds out?
There's crusade under way to fight back against what is called the "debt industry." Check with a local financial planner to get information. Start enjoying life again in the Capital Region.