April 29, 2014
Spring is here! For most of us, anyway. That means revamping your wardrobe with a few buys that will update everything you own.
- A major print. Make it a dress, a skirt or pants, but one splashy, statement print is an essential this spring. Not a fan of color? You're in luck because there are many abstract and graphic black and white prints to choose from this season.
- A striking bright. Tops work best because you can work 'em with denim, a skirt, print pants -- whatever you're feeling that day. Bold brights like cobalt and orchid rule for spring and will take you into summer too.
- Fluid pants. Forget feeling stuffed into pin-thin skinnies. Fluid pants ruled the runway. We love them because they offer coverage and coolness when the heat is on. Look for Modal or Tencel fabrics for the best fit and comfort factor.
- Pale denim. Go with a color or a muted blue, but pale denim is ideal for wearing with all of those black tops in your closet. When it's time to hit the town and you're stumped on what to wear, pale denim with a black blouse and black booties works every time.
- A crochet cardigan. The crochet cardigan is a winner in our book because it adds texture and femininity to any outfit. It's also easy to throw on over a tank top with shorts, boyfriend jeans or a cotton maxi.
- Nude or gray booties. As much as we love sandals, if you're pounding the pavement this means dirty feet...eventually. Skip that but still look warm weather-appropriate with nude or gray booties. Low or no heel is ideal and a little slouch adds an edge when worn with dresses.
- A fashion-forward jacket. This is a jacket reserved for fashion purposes -- not so much function. When you feel a look is a little too casual, pop on a fashion-forward jacket like a structured army green utilitarian-inspired number or a motorcycle jacket in denim. A cropped waist and quarter sleeves can make the jacket a little more weather-friendly and lightweight fabrics work too.