While Boston is one of the most energy-efficient cities in the country, there are still plenty of small lifestyle changes residents can make to reduce our city's carbon footprint. Most of these small changes don't require much time or money and can have a global impact. Add these 7 items to your list of resolutions for 2014:
1. Shower in less than 7 minutes. This saves both water and electricity used to heat water.
2. Avoid fast fashion. Paying a fair price for clothing is a better way to ensure just wages around the world.
3. Purchase carbon offsets for travel.
4. Purchase less processed foods.
5. Attend two green events per month.
6. Do an unplugged workout 3 times per week.
7. Clean with home-made natural supplies.
For more resolution ideas, check out Boston Green Blog.
Happy New Year!