People who remain in loveless relationships live quiet lives of misery. Research has shown that our conscious mind only uses 5% of the brain. Thus the remaining 95% of the time one’s subconscious mind is responsible for remaining in a loveless relationship. The subconscious mind controls all of one’s emotions as well.
Unfortunately, too many people lack the awareness of even knowing why they do what they do. Nor do they even analyze why they remain in a stale relationship. Their life is often run on auto-pilot by the subconscious mind. There are 7 reasons below why one remains in a loveless relationship.
1) You lack spirituality and live life like you are going through the motions. A person who lives in fear lacks spiritual awareness. A lack of spiritual awareness can present as constant mind chatter in the brain. Many think because they attend an organized religion’s services that one is in touch with their spirituality. Spirituality is when you are actually in touch with your own inner voice’s guidance and honoring what it has to say. It is when you are not ignoring that voice that lets you know something is just not right.
2) Next, a person keeps herself so busy with hobbies, children, school, and working out, that there is no time to contemplate the overall big picture.
3) One has an external view of the world. Julie blames her job, her spouse, house, her religion, culture etc., and anything else possible for her own unhappiness. In this stage one might see symptoms of scatteredness , boredom, insomnia, anxiety or depression.
4) You might live far away from your siblings and parents, thus lacking a loving support system who would warn you of any changes. Family members’ would recognize you’re deer in the headlights glaze. Family members would feel comfortable confronting you on the issue.
5) You have grown up in a cold, dysfunctional family where remaining in a zombie relationship seems perfectly normal. The zombie often is stuck in the past or future but rarely exist's in present day reality. The zombie has also modeled a victim mentality.
6) Self-esteem requires a conscious state of awareness which is usually absent. Love also requires a conscious person as well.
7) You are filled with negative emotions, lack purpose and gratitude and probably have unhealthy friendships as well. A person who settles for a life without love will be angry, bitter and filled with resentment. This negative state will also eventually spill over to one’s career as well.In addition, self-love is greatly diminished.
A person who remains in a loveless relationship will be filled with excuses. Excuses such as “If only XYZ didn't exist.” XYZ might be a job, a person, in-laws, house, city or some other reason why life is not going right. Then again the excuse might be when my spouse has time for me or some other delayed future event.
The price of settling in a loveless relationship can be toxic to one’s health, finances, career,clarity as well as one’s soul. The saddest price of all is to teach your child to accept a life without love!