To bring you the inside scoop on the hottest new tech in digital entertainment, we attended a press preview event hosted by Engadget+gdgt at Comic-Con 2013 that reminded us of sci-fi and Sundance Film Festival movies. Maybe we’ll see some of this new tech in the upcoming releases featured at Comic-Con, including “Gravity” with Sandra Bullock and George Clooney and “Ender’s Game” starring Harrison Ford and Asa Butterfield (“Hugo”)?
Below are 7 favs from this Engadget+gdgt Live party that we loved!
1. iRobot looked like “Robot and Frank” - iRobot designs made me think immediately of the Sundance Film Festival hit “Robot and Frank” starring Frank Langella, James Marsden, Liv Tyler and Peter Sarsgaard where Frank lives with a robot. iRobot builds home robots that are changing the way people clean inside and out. Did you know that 9 million+ home robots have been sold worldwide?
2. Gogo In-flight Wireless Live-streams Movies – Gogo also had a fun photo booth where you could sit in airplane seats. Using Gogo’s exclusive network and services, passengers with Wi-Fi enabled devices can get online and live-stream movies on all domestic AirTran Airways and Virgin America flights and on select Air Canada, Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Frontier Airlines, United Airlines and US Airways flights – as well as on thousands of business aircraft – bringing the total to more than 6,000 Gogo equipped aircraft to date. We love Gogo!
3. NokiaPOWer Portable Wireless Charger Lifesaver – We hit the jackpot by scoring one of the last #NokiaPOWer chargers since power was a premium at Comic-Con. This charger looks like a roll of lifesavers that can plug into your smartphone and give you about a 75% charge. Because the days are very long at Comic-Con, and you weren’t even allowed to charge your phone in the bathroom (crowd cops stopped you), these chargers are a must-have for conferences. Thanks Nokia!
4. Incipio Durable Cases – Incipio makes award-winning mobile device accessories for Samsung Galaxy S 4, iPhone, iPads, HTC, Blackberry, LG and many more. We were grateful to receive “The Specialist” case for the iPhone4S, and honestly, this case is so durable! We have dropped our iPhone4S several times since Comic-Con, and the phone does not show any signs of damage! This group also just acquired BRAVEN (first company to produce a portable HD speaker/speakerphone that doubles as a mobile phone charger), and their products are fashionable and durable. Check them out http://incipio.com
5. SEIDIO Waterproof Case and Holster – Based in Houston, Texas, we got a preview of SEIDIO’s waterproof case and holster for the Samsung Galaxy S III and iPhone5 that were displayed in a fish tank. Maybe we’ll see this new technology in “Endger’s Game”? SEIDIO designs protective cases, extended life batteries, chargers, car kits, and screen guards for mobile devices.
6. Phiaton Soundstage Quality Headsets – We also checked out the cool headsets by Phiaton, and it gave us a great sound escape in the middle of a crowded room. Every Phiaton product combines technology and elegant design for natural soundstage, wearability and eye-catching appeal in audio gear today.
7. HeartMath App and System – We also had our heart rate checked by HeartMath® during the Engadget party. While that might seem odd to check your heart rate at a party, it was pretty easy. They attached a monitor to our ear lobe, and then our heart metrics automatically appeared on an iPad screen through their app. HeartMath is recognized for tech that checks emotional well-being and stress management thru their emWave® technology products and the new Inner Balance™ App and Sensor for iOS. The HeartMath System offers practical solutions for reducing stress, anxiety, depression, sleeplessness, and increasing performance.