With less than a week left until Halloween, do you have a costume ready? If you’ve procrastinated this long or just don’t know what to dress up as, look in your makeup collection. Chances are you can find your answer there. YouTube makeup gurus have been uploading a wide variety of ideas for any occasion, any Halloween event that is. From frightening to cute, these videos can be exactly what you’re looking for or jump start your creativity for that party you were invited to, or maybe you just want to scare the neighbor kids.
1) Samantha Chapman, or Pixiwoo, uses a lot of Halloween makeup for this creepy, classic witch look. You can opt to replace her makeup paint palette with liners and shadows you already own; however, you may have to purchase green face paint at your local costume store.
2) Blair Fowler, also known as JuicyStar07, shows viewers how to create a demented doll look based on Annabelle from The Conjuring. Again, she uses face paint as the base but then uses everyday makeup for the rest of the face. Fake blood can be made by heating red lipstick or mixing a clear lip gloss with a bit of red pigment or shadow.
3) Kandee Johnson shares a tutorial for the Queen of Hearts from Tim Burton’s Alice in Wonderland. She only uses makeup, so you don’t need to run out to the store to purchase extra knick-knacks!
4) Bethany Mota, Macbarbie07, does an entire DIY Wonder Woman costume tutorial, including full costume and makeup with drugstore products. It’s cheap to make and really cute!
5) Michelle Phan creates an elaborate makeup costume look based on the Mexican holiday, the Day of the Dead, she titles La Bella Muerte, The Beautiful Death. Face paint can be replaced with shadow and liner, especially for the fine details. This look can also be varied for a personalized, unique costume suitable for you.
6) Promise Tamang Phan, dope2111, has an amazing stretched lips tutorial. This is sure to freak out your friends! All you need is everyday makeup. Promise also specializes in creating such costume makeup tutorials as well as character/celebrity look-alike videos.
7) Lindy Tsang, Bubzbeauty, shows how to draw an elegant masquerade mask using only black eyeliner. This is easy to do, cheap, and a great go-to for a last minute costume. Paired with an elegant dress, this will look beautiful and, more importantly, planned.