With the holiday season upon us we may as well use it to our dating advantage. Dating sites are on the rise because more people want to find that special someone as their New Year's resolution. A Match.com survey said that 14% of people date during this holiday season so as not to be alone. 8/10 people said the holidays make them more romantic.
So what follows are 6 ways to use the holidays to improve your dating success!
1-MISTLE TOE- Mistletoe is a good way to get a kiss from someone you've been admiring. It's a green year round plant associated with fertility. In the US people can give a real kiss under the mistletoe but reportedly proper mistletoe etiquette is to kiss the person on the cheek and to remove one berry from the mistletoe sprig. After all the berries are gone, the kissing ends. I saw a funny product in Urban Outfitters 9that is also on Amazon) called Extend a Mistletoe. It's mistle toe you can take with you and it can extend from 7 inches to 30 feet. Good way to get a kiss at a party or anywhere, maybe?
2. DRESS AS SANTA- Reportedly Santa is a secret fantasy for 20% of women. In a BeNaughty.com survey 9% of women wore a sexy Mrs. Claus outfit. 1/16 of men had dressed as Santa in the bedroom. I found this funny.
3. GIVE A GIFT OF THE HEART- It's nice to have an appropriate context within which to offer a gift, because who doesn't love a gift that is really reflective of them? This might be a good way to show you care and appreciate someone. Although I find this to be true, one survey revealed that when you give the perfect gift, only 8% of women would sleep with you, so don't do it for that reason!
4. RESOLVE TO MEET NEW PEOPLE & DATE- The Journal of Clinical Psychology report says that people who make explicit resolutions are ten times more likely to succeed than those who don't. So, when writing your resolutions, pick something specific like, 'I will write 10 prospective dates a week on JDate each week' or, 'I will go out to places I can meet singles twice a week in 2014.'
7. THE NEW YEAR'S KISS- Surveys reveal that two-thirds of Americans expect to share a kiss with someone on New Year's eve. If you are talking to someone at an event that night for awhile, you can always ask if they want you to be their New Year's kiss but make sure you have her consent! This could be a romantic and memorable way to begin your new relationship.
6. LEVERAGE VALENTINE'S DAY- It's possible that people are more open to finding love on Valentine's Day. Interestingly, a Harris Poll revealed that being single on Valentine's day is harder for men. According to an It's Just Lunch survey, 70% would accept a blind date on Valentine's day and 83% would accept a first date request. Men and women may also have different desires for Valentine's day. Ryan air did a Valentine's survey and found that 76% of men wanted sex on Valentine's day and 1% wanted to get engaged. In contrast, 78% of women wanted to get engaged on Valentine's day and none were wishing for sex that day. Who knows if this is indicative of the larger population though.
The holidays is a time to appreciate all the love you have in your life and New Year's is a time to take action to move your life in the direction that you want it to go.
These are just some funny ideas to help you use the holidays to your advantage but I do hope you will use this new year to create what you want in your life. If it's finding love than there are action steps you can take to make this more probable. You can get my first book, 'Dating From the Inside Out' on Amazon to help you.