Holiday parties are in full swing right now and the more prepared you are for all the temptations, the less chance of gaining unwanted pounds.
Preparation starts well in advance of getting dolled up and arriving at the party locale.
- Eat healthy meals during the day – don’t skip a meal as this will surely cause overeating later.
- Drink plenty of water to ensure hydration. Dehydration causes a person to become hungrier, resulting in a higher calorie consumption throughout the day. Lack of water can even inhibit a person's workout routine. Being fully hydrated regulates the body's temperature and helps the muscles to work well, which in turn leads to a more productive workout.
- Schedule exercise in your day. Everyone is extremely busy this time of year, but that just makes it more crucial. Exercise helps with stress levels, sleep patterns, metabolism levels and so much more.
- Once you are at the party, always choose quality over quantity at the food table. Enjoy your favorite decadent appetizer or dessert rather than filling your plate with mediocre tasting food. Savor the good stuff!
- Don’t let the food on your plate touch each other. Sounds weird, but it ensures you choose your foods carefully and end up with less calories and fat.
- Once your plate is filled, walk away from the buffet. Standing near the food makes it that much easier to overeat, as we tend to graze which causes mindless eating.
Indianapolis area fitness centers usually offer a short-term free membership so you can check out the facility and decide if it’s right for you. Here are a few, just click on the name to take your directly to their website.
- Anytime Fitness: 7 day free membership
- LA Fitness: 3 day free pass
- Cardinal Fitness: 7 day free membership
- NIFS: 14 day free trial membership
- Ballys: 7 day free guest pass
Thanks for looking and please SUBSCRIBE SPAM-FREE to my articles by clicking on the SUBSCRIBE button at the top of this page.