The two-person teams went into round two of the weeklong event on Championship Sunday in these divisions - Flagstick Open, Junior Open, Senior Open, Ladies Open, Ladies B and GolfWorks A.
In the Flagstick Open, Jeremiah Shield and Alex Morin had to go into a two-hole playoff in order to edge Michael Farrugia and his partner, former NHL player Marc Savard. Farrugia and Savard got into the playoff after posting a mind-blowing 14-under 58.
In the Junior Open, Isaac Lieff and Lewis Miller cruised to a first-place finish by three shots over their closest rivals.
In the Senior Open, Tony Dunn and Geoff Moore topped Dave Saunders and Rob Kimmerly in a playoff after the teams carded 15-under 129 totals.
In the Ladies Open, Brenda Pilon and Lise Jubinville picked up their sixth all-time Sun Scramble title by one shot over the tandem of Kristin Ranieri and Kate Burnett-Isaacs.
In the Ladies B Division, Pam Burnside and Lynn Arnone posted a tournament total of one-under 143 to pave their way to a four shot victory.
In the GolfWorks A Division, Perry Freda and Jon Freda lifted the trophy after they shot 68 at Eagle Creek to win by a pair of strokes.
Here are the top teams in the six divisions:
- Jeremiah Shields & Alex Morin (-20, won playoff)
- Michael Farrugia & Marc Savard (-20)
- Chris Bockstael & Pat Lindsay (-19)
- Chris McCuaig & Ben Bell (-18)
- Chris Bernard & Kyle Koski (-17)
- Terry O'Sullivan & Carter Trevisani (-15)
- Dave McDonald & Zac McEvoy (-14)
- Chuck Chamberlain & Derek MacLean (-7)
- Isaac Lieff & Lewis Miller (12)
- Owen Henry & Logan Henry (-9)
- Kris Laushway & Brody Gilder (-5)
- Colin Malone & Maneil Joshi (-5)
- Matthew Acton & Brad Musclow (-4)
- Carson Pickup & Matteo Scapillati (-2)
- Shawn Hamer & Stuart MacKinnon (-1)
- Jared Coyle & Connell SteersD (E)
- Tony Dunn PGA & Geoff Moore (-15, Playoff)
- Dave Saunders & Rob Kimmerly (-15)
- Rick St. Denis & Mike Kelly (-12)
- Gabe Louli & David McBain (-10)
- Kerry Boire & Ron Flanagan (-6)
- Andre Oligny & Stan Hogan (-4)
- Peter Mayo & Brian Darling (-4)
- Ian Johnson & Joe Veloso (-2)
- Brenda Pilon & Lise Jubinville (-12)
- Kristin Ranieri & Kate Burnett-Isaacs (-11)
- Morgan McHardy & Erin McHardy (-4)
- Erika Godwin & Bonnie Wolff (-4)
- Lisa Gordon & Shari Johnson (-4)
- Carole Ann McCuaig & Debby Christie (-3)
- Pam Burnside & Lynn Arnone (-1)
- Cheryl Hill & Sharon Windsor (+3)
- Lisa Muise & Laurie Howland (+3)
- Tamara Chamberlain & Tarra Findlay (+5)
- Lori Strike & Lise Proulx (+6)
- Carole Chaumont & Lucett Descoteaux (+9)
- Perry Freda & Jon Freda (-8)
- Jason Bullock & Chris Bowering (-6)
- Benoit Legris & Eric Legris (-5)
- Lance Lockett & Joey Publow (-5)
- George Norlock & Doug Hume (-4)
- Kevin Baldelli & Marc Beauvais (-2)
- David Francey & Phillip Martin (-1)
- Michel Racicot & Yves Goyette (-1)
The Ottawa Sun Scramble began in 2005 with an Open and Senior event at Eagle Creek Golf Club.
The weeklong tournament now offers 10 two-round partner divisions plus the Regimbal Media Challenge and four qualifying events. The event draws more than 900 golfers and is conducted by local golf promotion company, ClubEG (www.executivegolf.ca).
Subscribe to Ron Patey’s Examiner.com golf coverage free of charge by clicking on the subscribe icon near the top of the column, after which you will receive an e-mail notification each time a new report is posted.