Ok, so you are excited about the world shifting to Mobile industry. You have a flawless app up your sleeve that covers is immune to failure. But still by staying meticulous with your work and research you have concluded that your app is not generating any revenue for your business. What could you possibly be doing wrong?
Here are a few things maybe you forgot to consider before developing the app:
1. You created an app just for the sake of it: It is important to study, observe and incorporate innovation into your business methods. But it is insane to follow the trends blindly. Maybe your business didn’t really need an app to leverage its presence on social media to begin with. If you haven’t spent enough time to identify the need within the industry or how your app can provide a solution for a pressing matter, then it is pointless having an app made. The key is to create an app that covers customer needs with an efficient solution.
2. A lot of services don’t even require an app: thus the advantages reaped from an app never surface. It is imperative to understand your business model and to identify it from the beginning. Understand the audience for your app and you are in a good place.
3. Give your users an added advantage, empower them: A well thought out app can truly revolutionize working and business methods. If you r app can make the users task smoother, faster and even save a few minutes from their busy lives, then it validates the whole purpose of it. Similarly if it fails to provide any value to its customers and exists just because every business has an app, then expecting why your app isn’t reeling in business is downright pointless.
4. Never ignore security: Mobiles are personal and get stolen and lost all the time, thus make sure that security and governance for your mobile stays a top priority for your business.
5. Ensure that your mobile app does not imitate desktop enterprise applications: Your mobile app needs to face a short development cycle as it constantly needs adaptation in accordance to business change and customer feedback.
6. Do not ignore user experience: Knowing that smart phones and tablet are portable and different from desktops and laptops the users need to be given a blissful user experience over their smart phone. Knowing that mobiles differ in size and form, putting in extra effort over a seamless UI is the key. Make their experience a breeze and it is bound to be appreciated by your users. Fail to do so and it will fast face extinction before you can imagine.
The above pointers are a mere direction to look into an app that can prove to be beneficial for your business, however carefully inspected needs for your target audience is the basic key. Study consumer pattern closely and half of your answers lay there. Knowing your audience better is the key, providing them value justifies your app and its success.
About Author: Selena works as a mobile application developer for Social Cubix, which is a premier applications development company with focus on mobile, game, Facebook, Android, iPhone and web development.