Are you tired of enduring your seemingly endless commute to work each morning?
Are you struggling to get things done in the office due to countless interruptions by co-workers and supervisors stopping by to chat?
Do you work in an industry which is conducive to telecommuting?
If you answered "yes" to both of these questions, you are probably on the verge of approaching your employer about telecommuting.
However, before you spend hours drafting a written proposal to your employer outlining the pros of telecommuting, consider the following questions:
1. Is your living space properly equipped for you to work from home on a regular basis?
2. Is your Internet speed fast enough to handle your company's network?
3. Is your living space located near a perpetual construction zone or noisy high traffic area?
4. Does the nature of your job require you to work from the office on a regular basis?
5. Will working from home hurt your long-term chances to advance within your company?
6. Are you disciplined enough to work without direct supervision?