One of the most popular New Year’s Resolutions is a change in diet or fitness. Many people struggle with adding a good fitness routine in their own lives. According to Medical Daily on Dec 20, 2013, they claim that many people try to change everything at once, which often leads to failure. A Gym owner claims January is the busiest month for sales for them, followed by February being the slowest month. Below are listed six resolutions that can radically change your health.
1) Just drink more water. Your body is mostly made of water. According to a recent study, more than 2/3 of Americans are drinking an average of 32 oz less water than they need each day. To be healthy, you must make drinking water a priority. Experts suggest setting up smart phone reminders to drink water.
2) Exercise at least thirty minutes each every day. No excuses. You can walk, run, do a video or just play with your children. The key is to get active and get your heart rate pumping. Just thirty minutes a day of cardiovascular activity can help prevent bone loss and improve your strength and muscle definition.
3) Turn in early each night. So many people are lacking in sleep. They work late or spend their nights watching television. The problem in this is sleeping is the body’s way to heal itself and repair muscles. Without proper rest, you cannot work your body effectively. According to the research, no matter if you are an early riser or an afternoon person, no one is programmed to stay up all night.
4) Consider replacing all your oils in your home with coconut oil. There are so many health benefits to using coconut oil by ingesting it or using it on your hair or skin. It has been crediting to improving your heart health, boasting metabolism, and can help you fight infections. It can be used in baking cooking or use as oil on your skin.
5) Make a green juice or smoothie every day. Green vegetables have so many health benefits including chlorophyll. Green juice is said to give more oxygen to your red blood cells and as a result you will feel much more energy after drinking green juice. Freshly squeezed green juice is a great tool to increase your health and well being.
6) According to the American Cancer Society, it doesn’t matter what color your skin shade is, you should wear sunscreen every day. Skin cancer is the most common form of skin cancer in the United States, with over two million people diagnosed each year. It is a myth that darker skinned people do not need sun screen.
Just by following these simple tips, you can greatly improve your health. They are all small and will not make you feel over whelmed. What goals do you have for the year?
Follow me on Twitter or subscribe above, so you can be notified of the newly posted diet and fitness news!