1. Lipoic acid-energize you, by regenerating longevity vitamin C and E (they can’t be maintaining your antioxidant system, and regulating your blood sugar without lipoic acid. Prevents and treats: cataracts, chronic fatigue syndrome, muscle fatigue, diabetes, glaucoma, AIDS/HIV, insulin resistance, liver diseases, neurodegenerative diseases of childhood, radiation injury. Food Sources: Green leafy plants broccoli, spinach, collards, chard. Animal sources: calve’s liver, kidney. Yeast.
2. L-Carnitine Energy production, amino acid found in all cells. Antioxidant rich and concentrates itself in the cardiac and skeletal muscles. Improves mental function and cognitive deterioration. Prevents and treats: Alzheimer’s Disease, cardiovascular and peripheral arterial disease. Fatigue from fighting chemotherapy and radiation and poor nutrition found in cancer patients. Also improves mood and sleep quality. Male infertility and renal hemodialysis. Food Sources: Asparagus ½ cup, whole wheat bread 2 slices, cheddar cheese 2 ounces, milk 1 cup, codfish 4-7 ounces, beef steak 4 ounces.
3. Glucosamine and chrondroitin collagen synthesizing sulfur to cartilage diminishes as we age, the body needs it to build cartilage, ligaments and tendons, and the fluid that surrounds joints, nails, skin and longevity of the heart valve. Prevents and treats: osteoarthritis, arthritis, Plant sources: broccoli, cauliflower, garlic. Animal sources: gristle on bones, cow heel or pig feet, bone soups and broths, Jell-O is made from bone marrow.
4. Turmeric and chrondroitin potent anti-inflammatory without the side effects of drugs like Motrin. Prevents and treats: bowel disease, rheumatoid arthritis, cystic fibrosis, cancer prevention and metastases, liver function, cardiovascular protection, lowers cholesterol, Alzheimer’s Disease. Works as a blood thinner.
5. Omega-3 reduces inflammation, keeps the blood from clotting excessively, maintains fluidity of cell membranes, prostaglandin production, reduces production of cytokines which are involved in the inflammatory response with atherosclerosis, reduces risk of obesity by improving body’s ability to respond to insulin by stimulating secretion of leptin, a hormone that regulates food intake, body weight and metabolism, helps prevent cancer cell growth. Prevents and treats: Alzheimer’s Disease, Asthma, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder ADHD,diabetes, eczema, high blood pressure, Huntington’s Disease, Migraines, Multiple Sclerosis, obesisty, Joint pain, inability to concentrate, dry itchy skin, brittle hair and nails, fatigue, Cardiovascular disease, Osteoarthritis, Osteoporosis, psoriasis, rheumatoid arthritis, depression. Food sources: cod liver oil 3 teaspoons a day, cooked salmon 4 ounces provides same as cod liver oil.
6. Magnesium and coenzyme Q10 powerful antioxidant maintains healthy blood vessels supporting longevity, supports heart muscle, prevents LDL from accumulating in artery walls. Enables energy production. Drinking water. Plant foods: pumpkin, sesame or sunflower seeds 2 ounces, cashews 2 ounces, almonds 2 ounces, spinach 2 cups, chard, soybeans, halibut 4 ounces, black beans. Prevents and treats: chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, mitral valve prolapse, congestive heart failure, hypertension, diabetes, osteoporosis, muscle cramping, depression, anxiety, asthma, COPD/Emphysema, fatty liver disease NASH.
To get the latest updates from Atlanta Holistic Health Examiner Tina Ranieri ‘click’ the subscribe button above. To view her body of articles ‘click’ Tina Ranieri, National Holistic Health Examiner, or Atlanta Fishing Examiner.