You can get smartphone apps for everything, even your pet! Apps can help with everything from finding fun things to do with your pet to helping you take better care of your pet. Here are the must-have pet apps to help you become a better and more informed pet owner:
- Pet First Aid app from American Red Cross helps you take care of your furry family member in an emergency. The American Red Cross Pet First Aid app puts veterinary advice for everyday emergencies in the palm of your hand. Get the app and be prepared to act when called upon. With videos, interactive quizzes and simple step-by-step advice it’s never been easier to know Pet First Aid. Available for Android and iPhone.
- Tagg™ pet tracking system allows you to track your pet’s location and activity from your computer or mobile device. You can see where your dog is or monitor his activity levels 24/7. The lightweight pet tracker attaches to your dog's existing collar, and is designed to be worn at all times, even while swimming. It turns your existing collar into a gps collar for your dog! Tagg location tracking puts you in control of finding your pet. Unlike a microchip, which won’t alert you if your pet is lost, Tagg is a GPS pet tracker that sends you a text and email when you’re pet gets out so you can find him NOW. Available for Android and iPhone.
- DoggyDatez is a free location-based mobile platform that makes it easy to make new friends and have more fun while walking your dog. By "marking your territory", you're taking ownership of an area (200m radius) in the physical world and seeing who else "visits" your spot, just like dogs do! Available for Android and iPhone.
- iCam allows you to watch your pet in real-time remotely. This is especially useful if you’re leaving your dog home for the first time, you recently moved or you’re traveling. Available for Android and iPhone.
- Petoxins app offers a searchable database of plants reported as having an adverse effect on the health of dogs, cats, and horses. Details of each toxic plant including alternate common names, its scientific name, an image of the plant, and a list of potential symptoms if ingested. Information to help you if you’re pet has ingested a poisonous substance and one-touch dialing to the ASPCA Poison Control Center. Available for iPhone only.
- The Fat Dog Diet is a simple, veterinarian-developed app designed to safely, effectively, and compassionately help dogs lose weight. It works by integrating well-accepted, research-based weight loss methods into an inexpensive mobile application designed for dog owners and their veterinarians ... with plenty of community support to help every single dog succeed! Available for iPhone only.
For more apps for pet owners, go to Fun4GatorPets.com. Did you find this article helpful? Receive e-mail alerts when new pet articles are available. Just click on the "Subscribe" button above.