Mobile Business Intelligence is an essential element for today's organizations to provide time-sensitive and quick decisions in favor of business development. In order to do so, the efficiency of the application becomes a point of concern for deployment.
Business operations these days are nowhere confined within the physical boundaries of the campus of the organization. The reason for this is the highly competitive market which asks for quick response from the business owners and decision makers. To gain business advantages and provide competitive edge to the contenders, enterprises workforce functions have been de-localized in recent years. Business intelligence and development is also one of the untouched elements of business processes.
Now is the time for Mobile Business intelligence because of
- improving mobile technology,
- tough market conditions,
- faster responsiveness, &
- the need to align business strategy with time sensitive decisions.
In order to enhance the level of accuracy and assist the decision making capability, the efficiency of the mobile BI tool is equally important. Though a number of mobile BI apps are available for various mobile platforms, iOS devices seem to be the best choice of smartphone for business users after BlackBerry. Some of the applications which introduce high performance and accuracy in mobile business intelligence are:
- IBM Cognos Mobile: It's a multi-platform application provided by the software giant IBM and is an extension of its business intelligence application, Cognos Business Intelligence. It provides an interactive view for various Cognos reports, dashboards, analysis data and other BI related information.
- PushBI: It's a web multi-platform based application which collects the data from multiple data sources and types like SQL Servers, SAP Business information warehouse, XML and RSS at one place. It further assists with its intuitive design and "one touch access to trends and insights” as mentioned on its webpage.
- MobiOffice: This app provides an on-the-go analysis for SharePoint reports and charts and Microsoft BI dashboard data using SharePoint. Developed by MobiWeave, MobiOffice is a SharePoint client released exclusively for iOS devices for study and analysis of MS SQL Server Reporting Services.
- JasperMobile: It provides an open source Mobile BI solution for analysis and creation of new reports and dashboards. It is available as both native application for iPhone and as browser-based application for iPads. A mobile SDK has also been included with the app so that developers can customize the Mobile BI tool for effective performance.
- Cyfe: It's an all-in-one solution for small business to monitor and connect different analytic dashboards like Facebook, Google Analytics and SalesForce. It comes as a monthly subscription service so as soon as a business needs it, can use it. The internal database of Cyfe can be combined with the external database for enhancing the process of analysis.
There is a huge scope of mobile applications for business intelligence because of the increase in use of smartphone and tablet devices in recent years. Most of the users use their device for texting, using apps and web browsing just like a computer instead for calling purposes. This further shows that using applications for the purpose of business development is a smart idea because of the equally efficient data processing capability as that of a computer or laptop with better handling and mobility features. High speed data services and Wi-Fi capability vanishes the restrictions related to the data needs of the mobile devices.