"Downtown Winter Park is so pretty and some of the art is so different than what I am used to seeing," Bailey Callahan said of the 5th Annual Winter Park Sidewalk Art Festival. More than 1100 artists will be headed to Central Park for the event on March 15 through 17.
Each year, more than 350,000 people attend the art show that also features some the best local and national music talents, family activities and a plentiful supply of good food and beverages.
Twelve year-old Callahan is scheduled to perform March 17. She writes her own songs which have been aired on WMMO 98.9 Sunday Morning Acoustic program. Callahan recently returned from Nashville where she recorded her first album with Martina McBride's band backing her up.
The Art Show:
There is a wide variety of outstanding artwork. Categories include: Clay, Digital Art, Drawing and Graphics, Fiber, Glass, Jewelry, Leather, Metal, Mixed Media, Painting, Photography, Sculpture and Wood.
1,100 artists from around the world applied for entry and an independent panel of judges selected 225 national and international artists to attend the show.
The Musical Performances:
March 15, Friday
- 8:00 am Production Set Up
- 4:30 pm - 5:15 pm Beautiful Music Jazz Ensemble
- 5:45 pm - 7:00 pm Matt Shenk Band
- 7:30 pm - 9:00 pm Steve Cole
March 16, Saturday
- 10:00 am – 10:45am Paint it Black Quartet
- 11:00 am – 11:45am Rollins Brass Quintet
- 12:00 pm – 12:45pm Suzuki Institute
- 1:15 pm - 2:15 pm Pop Shop
- 2:30 pm - 3:30 pm Rich Walker Trio
- 4:15 pm - 5:45 pm Brian Simpson
March 17, Sunday
- 10:00 am – 10:45am Three Flutes Only
- 11:15 am – 12:15pm Rollins Acoustic Ensemble
- 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm MakeShift
- 1:45 pm - 2:15 pm Bailey Callahan
- 2:30 pm - 3:00 pm Angela and the Gazebros
- 3:30 pm - 5:00 pm Jeff Kashiwa
Children's Workshop Village:
Admission is free for this popular, interactive kids area. The Village is open Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm and is appropriate for children ages 2 through 12. Each of the Winter Park Museum partners prepares hands-on arts and crafts. On Saturday and Sunday from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm, the Village opens up its easel painting section where children can use supplied paints and paper to create their own masterpiece. Admission is free and the children are able to keep what they create.
The festival takes place at Central Park in downtown Winter Park during the times listed below:
Friday, March 15th, 9 am to 6 pm
Saturday, March 16th, 9 am to 6 pm
Sunday, March 17th, 9 am to 5 pm
By City Ordinance, there are no pets allowed in Central Park at any time nor on Park Avenue between New England Avenue and Canton Avenue during the regular Festival hours.