United Hospital System Rehabilitation Services and the Pleasant Prairie RecPlex will be presenting their fifth annual Running Symposium on Wednesday, March 13, from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM. The theme of the symposium is “Are You Training and Racing Correctly?” and is free and open to the public.
The Symposium is 100% hands-on, and you can:
- Be assessed by health care professionals that specialize in running.
- Try for yourself some of the latest and best stretching and strengthening techniques.
- Find out if the way you are running will lead to injury.
- Ask a Sports Medicine Physician about your running injuries.
The presenters and topics include:
- Kevin Conto, PT, ATC, COMT – Running Analysis and Learn How to Run Barefoot.
- LaMoyne Hawley, L-ATC, CSCS – Strengthening That Will Improve Your Running.
- Larry Sandberg, PT – Training to Improve Running Performance and Flexibility.
- Bryant Walrod, M.D. – Question and Answer from a Sports Medicine Physician That Runs!
Although the Running Symposium is free, seating is limited and reservations are required to hold your spot. Registration is available at the RecPlex Fitness Center, or by calling the UHS Rehab Department at 262-577-8725.
The RecPlex is located at 9900 Terwall Terrace, in Pleasant Prairie, WI. It is approximately 1.5 miles east of I-94, off Hwy 165, just north of the Illinois-Wisconsin state line. The Running Symposium will be held in the Blue Room, off the main lobby.
If you would like to be notified when Coach Ken publishes an article, click "subscribe" on this page. You can also read his health and fitness answers and blog on Sharecare.com, view his Wellness Blog, follow him on Twitter, and find his Triathlon and Wellness pages on Facebook. Coach Ken is the Chicago Wellness Examiner and the Milwaukee Triathlon Examiner.