The Denver Restaurant Week 5280 restaurant list and menus were finally revealed Thursday by Denver.org and the announcement was received with much fanfare by Mile High foodies.
What is 5280 Restaurant Week? It's actually two-weeks of dining at the super low price of only $52.80 per couple for a 3-5 course meal at some of the best restaurants in the Denver metro area. Some of the more moderately priced restaurants also include adult beverages for that same price.
Why is 5280 a thing in Denver? 5280 is the number of feet in a mile and Denver is one mile above sea level thus giving it the nickname of the Mile High City and home of 5280 magazine and 5280 Restaurant Week.
Remember to tip generously during this special deal as the wait staff is working hard to give you an optimum experience at half price.
Denver Insider Tips:
- You can reserve at the restaurant directly or use OpenTable.com.
- If there are no openings at your chosen eatery keep checking back, people cancel and change their reservations often.
- Make your reservations quickly as the top Denver restaurants fill up.
- Next year you can make your reservations as soon as the dates are revealed which is usually in November. Just go to OpenTable.com and chose those dates during 5280 Restaurant Week and mark it in the notes section.
- Some of the restaurants also serve the same menu for lunch, check with them when you call.
- Several restaurants offer the same special deal but don't want to pay to be on the DRW website. Have a favorite not on the list? Give them a call and find out if they are offering a special menu.