Writing a blog with an assumption that it’ll attract thousands of readers is a clear case of stupidity if you haven’t adhered to the content guidelines set by Google. Ignoring algorithm updates from Google and working without a complete knowledge of the process is another factor that will reduce the ROI. A business has a great opportunity to grow if it follows the correct guidelines and work in an ethical manner to redirect maximum visitors to its website via search engines. For a successful promotion of a business, one needs to get the best content framed to be published. Below given are few guidelines set by Google to help website owners produce quality content for providing healthy output to search engine users and reap the benefit of high traffic.
- Engaging and Unique Content: There has been a misuse of keyword based algorithms, where spammers used high density of keywords in their articles to get their website ranked at the top. An algorithm update allowed search engines to value the quality of the content rather than quantity. The content according to new guidelines must be unique and customer oriented to provide high valued information to the visitors. You will face great improvement when you start posting unique content.
- Proper Heading Tags: Headings are an important part of any type of the content. A proper formatting of headings requires a proper use of heading tags. H1 tag must be used for the topmost heading while others should be followed with subheadings. Headings must be used for structural purposes only and not for styling and keyword stuffing should be avoided.
- Links and Anchor Text: Anchor text has been used from early times to provide users a link to the important piece of information that they are searching for. Nowadays, using just the anchor text isn’t recommended, rather the purpose of the link is also required to be added. Also, keywords need to be used with care as extra stuffing will make the content look untidy and search engines will mark it as spam content. Anchor text must be clearly differentiated from the regular text. its very important for every page of optimization process for example if you are inter linking a category which is related to technology news then there must be proper linking without any error, some time people make very small mistake which harm the website and they loose the credibility of website and links.
- Images: Images are the best attraction for a website to hold more visitors on the site. These act as bait for visitors, which can be converted easily into successful leads if the presentation is worth it. Various features can help you optimize images for best results like use of ALT tags to add a description of the image, avoid generic naming, storage in a single directory, compressed images with attributes and a sitemap. All these can add to the optimization of your website.
- Internal Linking: A site visitor always likes to visit a site in which navigation is made easier. You must link your entire website together to provide a better navigation experience to visitors and also help search engines find all the web pages of your site to provide a better rank.
If the content on your website is unique, attractive informative and perfectly formatted, sticking to the Google Content Guidelines, you can gain wonders for your business. Your site will be optimized perfectly and you can gain better search engine visibility.