Who doesn't get a bit frassled at this time of year? As wonderful of a season as it is, there are just so many errands, parties, visiting family and friends, a person can do without losing sight of a healthy exercise and nutrition plan. Here are simple tips to help you exercise more, eat sensibly, and keep stress manageable.
1. Stay active. Being busy is not the same as being active. Keep your goal of at least 30 minutes of exercise daily. Break it up into smaller sessions, if needed.
2. Keep it simple. Try doing less this year: less baking, less decorating, less gifts, less enterataining, and less parties.
3. Keep the focus on what truly matters. Focus on family and activities, not food. Try taking daily walks with the kids to see the neighborhood decorations.
4. Drink more water. Hydrate frequently and don't skip meals. You'll be less likely to overeat.
5. Plan to stay on track. Try to plan pre-party healthy snacks to help avoid potentially unhealthy nutrtition situations.
The potential holiday craziness will be here each and every year unless we can learn to manage it better. Here's to a wonderful holiday season. Best wishes for peace and good health in the new year.