Having trouble sleeping well at night? Fitsugar reported on Nov. 4, 2013, they have your answer to sleeping better each and every night with these simple tips. Everyone could use more sleep at night. In fact, according to research most people are chronically sleep deprived.
- The first step is to make sure you go to sleep and wake up at the same time each day. This creates a routine for your body, and leads to setting your internal clock. It is very unhealthy to go to sleep at 2 am one night and 8 PM the next. Your body will not be able to rest on this type of a schedule.
- The next step is to stretch before bed. Stretching allows your muscles to relax. This is why yoga and a massage is so relaxing. Stretching your muscles leads to your muscle relaxing thus leading to your ability to go to sleep.
- Put away the tablets, phones and TV at least 30 minutes before retiring to bed. Research has found the blue light in the electronic devices trick your mind into thinking it is daytime.
- Avoid wine. Alcohol can disrupt your sleep. If you are having trouble sleeping, and drink every night, try to avoid wine. If you sleep better, you can assume that alcohol was affecting your sleep patterns.
- Stay active. This doesn’t just mean exercise, but errands, housework, chores, kids, or any other activity to keep busy. This will make sure when you do lie down, you will be tired and sleepy enough to get restful sleep.
Following these simple steps, you can make sure you can get enough rest and set up a system where you can get enough rest, each and every night.
Do you have trouble sleeping? What works for you to rest when you are tired?