Sometimes it's so hard to remember the things that make us happy because we're so focused on what we don't have, or what's making us UNhappy. Here are a few reminders to keep you smiling and in the present:
1) Make a list. Write down all of the things that are awesome in your life. Think hard about those things and how they bring you joy. Appreciate the good in your life and you'll attract more of it.
2) Accept things for how they are right now. Most of our unhappiness is from wanting things to be different than they are. If you take a good look at your life as it is, you can find the wonderful things happening and be happy about that.
3) Stop the comparison game. When we compare our lives to other people, we usually end up feeling inadequate about ourselves. STOP THAT! Take stock in the great life you've created and enjoy who you are.
4) Give to others. When you help someone else, you usually end up feeling pretty good about it. Give for the sake of giving, not expecting anything in return.
5) Let go of wasted emotions. Guilt, anger, fear and frustration are all very limiting feelings. Don't let those wasted emotions hold you back from being happy in the present. Looking in the rearview mirror all of the time isn't going to get you what you want in life.Happiness is a choice.
When you are looking for happiness, all it takes is a little check in with yourself to remember these simple tips; afterall, happiness is a journey, not a destination.