Fall decor almost always conjures up images of pumpkins, fall leaves and every possible shade of orange and brown. While these fall shades are lovely, they can be a challenge to those who love brighter hues like pinks and blues. Why not infuse them all for a lovely, inviting and color filled entryway?
1. Use lush greenery in two planters to keep that "fresh" green look going a little longer. Ask your local garden center what would work best in your climate.
2. Vary your pumpkin display. Buy 4-6 pumpkins, but spray paint a few of them white, hot pink or gold. It can look fun, glam and chic.
3. Yellow mums. Instead of the orange or red, add a few yellow mums to pretty planters for instant brightness. Yellow is the first color the brain processes and yellow florals always appeal to the eye.
4. Don't forget about your planters. The vessel you use for your flowers and pants is just as important as what's inside. If you can't find what you like, grab a can of spray paint and make it your own.
5. Apples and pears are plentiful this time of year, while also providing great pops of color and aroma. Place a bunch n a basket padded with hay at your front door. Just don't forget to take them inside at night.