The Spring(Vernal) Equinox is right around the corner. And, everywhere you turn; you're hearing about Detoxing, or Spring Cleansing, your body temple. But, do you really know what it means to detox safely? What organs should you focus on, during Detox and how do you get started?
"Spring is an ideal time to detox," advises Dr. Kamau Kokayi. "Our energy levels are higher in the Spring and we can leverage our body's biochemistry and physiology to succeed with our detox goals."
5 Tips To Jumpstart Your Detox
- Cut back, or eliminate, meat and dairy: Meat is highly acid-forming in your body and can be a strain on the kidneys and intestines. Dairy is mucus forming.
- Veg it up: Make at least every meal 70% veggie. Mix it up and enjoy fresh vegetable juices, a large green salad with kale, or steamed/roasted veggies.
- Boost your bod with herbs: Milk Thistle is a liver-regenirator, and detoxifier. Dandelion and uva ursi are well-established kidney restoring herbs. Sea Buckthorn extract powder helps heal the lungs and flaxseeds help eliminate toxic material from the intestines.
- Soak in a cleansing bath: Add 2 cups of Epsom salts and 5 drops of lavender essential oil to your bath. Epsom salts, or magnesium sulfate, neutralizes acidic toxins in the body, regenerates organs and relaxes muscles.
- Drink plenty of water: Water flushes toxins! Add 3-5 drops of therapeutic grade lemon essential oil to help alkalize your body chemistry and help cleanse your liver, kidneys and colon.
Simple daily changes to your diet and lifestyle can add up to major health improvements, more energy, balanced moods and an overall feeling of wellbeing.
"Living Well...one healthy step at a time"