Oprah Winfrey wore Theia on the red carpet at the NYC premiere.
Keisha Whitaker wore one of our favorite looks which was a pink dress in LA. Keisha dazzled in a Badgley Mischka gown in New York.
Minka Kelly in Sophia Theallet.
Naomi Watts in Thakoon.
Here are five things you don't know about the film which is worth seeing.
1. The film is "inspired" by a true story. The filmmakers based the movie on a Washington Post article by Wil Haygood. Forest Whitaker portrays Cecil Gains who was based on Eugene Allen. Are you confused?
2. The Louis Gaines story is completely made-up. Eugene Allen and his wife Helene only had one son and he never was a freedom rider. The filmmakers used the fictional Louis Gaines to allow the audience to experience historical events during the Civil Rights movement.
3. Oprah Winfrey is not "Oprah" in this movie. Don't expect to watch this movie and see the loveable Oprah Winfrey who cried during interviews and gave away cars. Oprah immerses herself in this movie as an alcoholic chain smoking stay at home mother. Ms. O is so convincing in the film that she is generating well earned Oscar buzz.
4. The Butler screenwriter Danny Strong used to act on Buffy The Vampire Slayer. Danny Strong began his Hollywood career as an actor and has landed roles on Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Mad Men. He has a small role in the film as a freedom writer who flirts with Denzel Washington's daughter "Olivia Washington" during a scary freedom ride which is intercepted by the KKK. Strong earned praise in Hollywood and Emmy nominations for his work on the HBO movie "Game Change" about Sarah Palin's political campaign. He is also adapting the final books in the Hunger Games series.
5. It's guaranteed to earn some Oscar love. The movie has all of the things that Oscar voters love including the re-telling of history.
The Butler is now playing in theaters.