Pepper is the quiet, mostly bald character in "American Horror Story: Asylum." Until the last episode of the show, she was mute. Now, fans of the horror show are learning a little more about Pepper's back story according to an interview with Huffington Post on Jan. 4. Not only does she actually speak, but she was also abducted by the aliens that Kit knows were the true killers of his wife. Many fans have taken a real liking to Pepper's character, but they don't really know anything about her since she's had so few lines. Here are five little known facts about Pepper's character.
- According to Naomi Grossman, the person behind the character, she had no idea what Pepper's back story was until "The Name Game" episode. Grossman claims that Ryan Murphy, the producer, only tells you what you need to know as you need to know it. The only information that she received from the very first episode was that the more handicapped Pepper was from the start, the more dramatic the transformation would be later in the season, which it was.
- Naomi actually shaved her head for the character to make it more realistic. She also wears one fake eye to make herself look more like a patient of a mental institution rather than a greasy haired beauty.
- The actors and characters of the show have no idea what is going on in the show until it is time to rehearse for the part. Until the last episode, Naomi had no idea that her character was framed for the murders that had her committed to Briarcliff.
- Aliens abducted Pepper and made her the guardian of Grace while she delivers her baby that she conceived with Kit while sneaking around in the kitchen at the manor.
- When Naomi walked around the set as herself, she got kicked off stage because the difference was so drastic that security didn't have a clue. Because the directors wanted to keep everything a secret, they made made Naomi wear a sheet over her head while not in makeup.