Looking to get away from the Jacksonville area for a bit. Pack up the family and head to the beautiful Emerald Coast . Destin has plenty of fun activities and attractions for your family to have an enjoyable time. Today we're sharing 5 places for you to visit while in Destin Florida.
- Henderson Beach State Park - Henderson Beach State Park has powdery white sands, emerald green water and is a great place to enjoy the beach with the kids. Building sand castles, sun bathing , swimming , and playing there is plenty to do at this fun park. There are also covered pavilions , a playground, nice showers and a bathroom area and camping area. Entrance into the park is $6 for the day.
- Big Kahuna's Water and Adventure Park - take the kids and plan to spend a long day at Big Kahuna's . You won't be sorry that you did. There are so many water slides for your family to slip , and slide and areas for all ages to enjoy. Two great children zones with slides, splash areas and more for smaller children. Great slides including the Honolulu Half Pipe for the older kids and adults. This girls favorite the lazy river. There are plenty of places to sit with shaded areas, but if you'd like more privacy for your family you can always reserve a cabana for the day. A ton of family friendly options at Big Kahua's.
- Crab Island- Crab Island is located at the North end of the Destin Bridge .It is only accessible by boat, jet ski, or kayak. Crab Island is where the locals and the tourist go to party . Although Crab Island does have a party crowd there is also a ton of family friendly activities like snorkeling, floating rafts and water slides. Check out the complete visitors guide to Crab Island or the website CrabIsland.com .
- Fishing - fishing in Destin does not require a boat although one can definitely have fun reeling in the catch deep sea fishing here. There are several different charter boats if that is something of interest. There is some great fishing from the pier and jetty's (best time April -October) or try the Choctawatchee Bay area (year round) . Check out this site for more information on fishing Destin.
- Touristy Photo Opportunities - spend some time exploring Destin and taking silly family photos. There are several opportune spots in Destin. A huge shark hangs in front of the Bass Pro Shop. Head over to Fudpuckers where you can grab lunch or dinner and snap some photos feeding alligators or even holding a small one. (no worries the mouth is taped shut) Stop by McGuires Irish Pub for a shot of the double decker bus of mannequins. Don't forget the giant coke bottle at Buccaneer Gift Shop in Fort Walton Beach. All of these are free admission unless of course you decide to eat or buy something extra.