Do you find that you often have more debt than income? Are you attracting the wrong men or women into your dating life? Have you been trying to transform an unwanted habit and feeling totally stuck with it?
Realizing that we are creating undesirable results in our life can be frustrating. However, it can also be a terrific opportunity to create more powerful goals so that we can up-level our lives, careers, health and relationships! The solution lies in applying the Law of Cause and Effect in a positive way.
Our results are the effect of our actions. Our thoughts drive our emotions, and the way we think and feel determines how we behave. Therefore, if we want to change our results (the effect), then we must change the cause (cognitive, emotional and behavioral patterns).
Here are 5 easy steps to transform any break-down into a break-through to success using the Law of Cause and Effect!
1. Get clear. Define the problem by identifying the results you are currently creating in your life that you would like to change.
2. Be honest. Ask yourself the following questions in relation to your behavior that is creating these results and answer honestly – no excuses or rationalizations!
· What are the specific actions I am currently taking or not taking that are creating my current results? (This determines your behavior.)
· How do I feel about the actions I am currently taking or not taking that are creating my current results?
· What is the image I have of myself in my mind in relation to my behavior? (Example: “I see myself as not being good enough, smart enough or talented enough.”)
· What are my thoughts in relation to my behavior? (Example: “I’ll never succeed, it’s too hard, there’s not enough time”, etc.)
3. Take your power back! You must take responsibility for every result in your life before you can change it. This removes the experience of you being a victim of your circumstances and puts you firmly in a place of power to make a new choice towards a new result.
4. Set a specific goal. Your goal will represent your desired result – it’s what you truly wish to achieve. Set a date by which you will achieve this goal and clearly identify the specific benefits you will derive from doing so. Your goal must be positive, desirable, believable to you and measurable.
5. The Power of Intention. Your goal must be supported by 4 distinct objectives. Without declaring these statements of intention, you will not be able to change your current results to match your desired goal. This is how you transform the cause of the effect you wish to change:
· What must I be thinking to achieve my goal?
· What must I be feeling to achieve my goal?
· What words must I be using to achieve my goal?
· What specific action steps must I take to achieve my goal?
The reason that these positive intentions must be specifically set, declared and followed through is because this is where the true transformation occurs – on the level of being. Change who and what you are being and you will change your results and transform your life!