HUD Home Photo
In today's complex real estate market, buyer's are faced with many opportunities. Short sales, REO's, HUD homes, it's enough to make even the most savvy real estate investor dizzy. And if you're considering buying your very first home, it's all the more daunting.
Here are five steps that can help you on your way to finding and obtaining your dream home.
- Educate and arm yourself with as much information as possible. Talk to a Realtor who can give you the information you need to make an informed decision. Many Realtor's give seminars to help inform the public of today's market choices.
- Get yourself preapproved. If you're a serious buyer, finding out what you qualify for not only makes sense, but it tells the seller that you mean business.
- Your criteria. Once you know what you're able to spend for a house, you can analyze what you really want in a home and begin your search. Drive through neighborhoods that interest you. If you're new to the area, your Realtor can give you information on schools, area entertainment, statistics and answer your questions and concerns.
- Due diligence. You've made an offer and it's been accepted. Now you must make sure to get an inspection done. This will insure that there aren't any major issues to be concerned with such as cracks in the foundation or mold issues which are common in Florida. If there are issues, then you can evaluate your options and make a desicion.
- The closing. Keeping your credit in good shape, getting an appraisal, title search and title insurance are some of the things you'll need to do before you close. Once you've made it through the process and you're ready to move into your home, you can finally breathe again!
Please join me on Thursday, July 29th from 6 to 7 pm at Sippers coffeehouse in the Village Walk shopping complex on Gate Pkwy. I'll be giving a seminar on First Time Home Buyers and a cup of coffee is on me.
Also, you'll be able to have a chance at winning a $25.00 gift certificate for The Melting Pot.