It’s a new year, which means new fashion trends to help you upgrade your perfect style. Find out what’s new, old and a must-have in your wardrobe with these easy tips on how to look fabulous while embracing the future of fashion.
1. Cardigans: Knitted cardigans adorned with large buttons and crop-tops in pastel colors are popular for spring. American Rag’s juniors long-sleeved cropped cardigan for $24.99 online at Macy’s in oatmeal color can be layered over a dress or t-shirt. If you’re looking to commit to a comfy cardigan, look no further than Charter Club’s long-sleeve open-knit cashmere cardigan in heather crystal color, collar-less and metallic threading for $121.99.
2. Jackets: Top your layers with a trendy bomber jacket and keep away from moto-style jackets. JCPenney’s black and white floral design features long-sleeves and a mid-length style with zip-pockets for $25.00. Spice up your pastels with Forever21’s silver sequined showstopper cropped jacket for $29.80.
3. Scarves: This fun trend continues for the New Year and looks well with collar-less jackets, cardigans and nearly all outfits. Try a popular floral scarf like Forever21’s dainty floral pom-pom scarf adorned with pink roses and black polka-dots for $8.80, or embrace the white trend for spring by layering your outfit with Forever21’s boho crochet-trimmed scarf for $12.80.
4. Trousers: Wide-legged, black and white striped and jean-style trousers are hot this spring and go well with white and pastel colored tops and accessories. Perfect for the office, Vince Camuto’s wide-leg trousers in new ivory, match up well with a contrast-color button down top and matching white cropped jacket available at Macy’s for $59.99. Forever21 has a variety of styles for wide-leg trousers including tuxedo stripe trousers for $22.80, and Life in Progress wide-leg chambray trousers for a casual look at $18.99.
5. Midi-skirts: This trend follows us into the New Year and will be available in prints like floral, geometric/tribal design, jean and black and white to name a few examples. Accessories that go well with these skirts and other spring fashions include white/pastel shades and two-toned shoes. Bold prints like Forever21’s checkered midi-skirt for $14.80 tend to flatter taller figures, but if you have a shorter frame go with a solid colored midi, such as Forever21’s dreamy twisted midi in black for $14.80.
Browse all these great fashion and style trends for 2014 online or in-store at your local Genesee Valley Center mall located in Flint, Michigan.