Some may find these steps difficult because they are uncomfortable stepping out on faith and choose to remain in a secure box that cripples them. Others may find them ridiculous because they are negative with every solution/suggestion that approaches their way. Some are so conformed to tradition and they fear change and question your motives. For those who identify, you know that through every struggle, the light shines on the other side. Seek deep within your soul to find out why you were placed in this world. Everyone has a divine purpose that not only will fulfill us, but keep us from being incomplete. Some seek and never find and others find and persevere. Are you creating your dreams now or are you creating someone else’s? As long as you are an employee instead of the employer, you will always be tied to the dreams of others. Follow these five steps to free yourself of modern day slavery, the J.O.B….”Just Over Broke.” Release skepticism and search for possibilities.
- Keep an open mind. When seeking to do something different, look at every angle. Don’t be so quick to judge until you get the facts and proof. If you are serious about doing something different, you have to be willing to do something you have never done before. That means carving out a section where you fit. If the space is too tight, seek mentorship, sponsors or a partner that will help you along the way. Decide that you want to see what is available to help change your situation. Immediately this can be done just by recreating your thoughts and putting them into action.
- Explore opportunities. So many miss out on their blessings because they did not take that extra step to identify what was being offered. You have to be stubborn to succeed. In order to create the life you want, you must look in other areas. It may not necessarily be what you were looking for, but it could be what was meant for you to get out of your current situation into the life you so choose. Give every opportunity the benefit of the doubt. Make it your mission to look for solutions versus problems.
- Research, read and act. If it sounds too good to be true, make certain that you have done your homework to rule it out. Just think about those who walked out on Mark Zuckleberg when he decided to come up with a social network (facebook) for others to meet and communicate via the internet. There are so many more entrepreneurs who made it happen and offered the opportunity for others to take part. Those who weren’t afraid to bite, enjoyed the favor. Those who didn’t suffered the consequences by missing out on new found wealth and prosperity.
- Don’t believe the hype! There are many ways to make “legal” money besides working for a corporation and getting trapped in the 9 to 5 grind. One aspect of this hype is the true success of MLM, affiliate and online marketing. Studies show there are billions of people online. We have access to the internet on our mobile phones, via wifi, airplanes and at home. In fact, the shareholders of Mary Kay, Avon, Amway and so many more are consistently laughing all the way to the bank because of your skepticism. People make money online every day. In fact, a millionaire is being created as we speak all from being a part of network marketing. Many say they want to be financially free, but do they really mean it. You have to be prepared to think differently and aspire to do things others deem impossible. Most people find every reason not to take part in something that is bigger than what they can see. Don’t worry about those who don’t share your dream of financial security. There are many hungry fish in the sea. My favorite statement is “NEXT.” There is someone just like you who is sick and tired of being sick and tired.
- Take action. We can talk about opportunities, possibilities and growth all day long. However, if you are not attempting to do and be different, your complacency will keep you on the opposite side of the coin. Nothing will happen if you don’t allow it to. You have to move. “A closed mouth is never feed and if a man doesn’t work, he will not eat.” Those words are biblical. Interpret them how you wish. Your response can mean all the difference in the world for you, your family and your current financial situation. It’s up to you to pick up the ball and run.
The bottom line is, every vision starts with focus. If you can’t see through the mess you are in now, try navigating your way in another path. You will never know if you don’t try. Even if you fail, you will have learned and should not have any regrets. The steps to success are steep. You will only reach the top if you are determined to improve and change versus continuing to accept what was and has been.