1. The Second City is proud to join the illustrious comedy festival: "TBS presents a very funny festival Just for Laughs Chicago" by hosting The Second City Alumni Reunion Show – Class of '79 on Thursday, June 17, 2010 at 8:00pm at The Second City e.t.c. Theatre (1608 North Wells Street, 2nd Floor of Piper's Alley).
For one night only, the cast of 1979 will reunite in a benefit performance for The Second City Alumni Fund as they recreate some of their classic scenes from The Second City archives. Directed by The Second City Co-Founder Bernie Sahlins, the cast will feature Jim Belushi, George Wendt, Tim Kazurinsky, Nancy McCabe Kelly, Bruce Jarchow, Danny Breen, Bernadette Birkett and featuring legendary Musical Director, Fred Kaz.
Tickets for The Second City Alumni Reunion Show – Class of '79 are $75.00 & $100.00 and available by phone at 312-337-3992 or online at www.secondcity.com.
The Second City Alumni Reunion Show – Class of '79 is sponsored by PUMA and United Airlines.
Due to popular demand, The Second City Alumni Reunion Show - Class of '79 has added a performance on Thursday, June 17 at 10:00pm at The Second City e.t.c. Theatre
2. The Second City is proud to announce the summer re-launch of "The Second City's Neighborhood Tour." This humorous and historic walking tour of Chicago's Old Town neighborhood will begin on Sunday, June 13th, 2010 at 1:00pm and will continue every Sunday and Wednesday through September 5th, 2010.
The walking tour begins outside The Second City theatre on North Wells Street and winds its way through the historic Old Town neighborhood. The tour ends inside The Second City theatre and gives guests a chance to view the lobby photo display documenting over 50 years of comedy at The Second City. Written by Margaret Hicks, an experienced Chicago tour guide and writer, "The Second City's Neighborhood Tour" both entertains and informs while highlighting the architecture, history and development of Old Town as well as various Second City alumni haunts and the stories that go with them.
Tickets for "The Second City's Neighborhood Tour" are $15.00 per person. They may be purchased directly from The Second City Box Office by phone at 312-337-3992 or online at www.secondcity.com. Tours can have up to fifteen guests and advanced reservations are recommended. The tours are every Sunday at 1:00pm and Wednesday at 4:00pm and last from one hour and 30 minutes to two hours. The walking pace is suitable for all ages.
Additional days/times are available for groups -- call Tiffany Smith at 312-664-4032 for more information or to request a special reservation for larger groups
Overnight Packages are available at The James, our partner hotel in Chicago. Contact The Second City Box Office at 312-337-3992 for more information.
3. The ladies of Sirens will be performing their own brand of long form improvisation in the de Maat Theater at Second City on the second Sundays of the month. Shows begin at 8:00 with an opening set performed by women from the Second City Training Center. Tickets are available at the door for $10, $8 for students, and $5 for training center students.
June 13, July 11, or August 8 at 8:00!
4. The Feminine Mystake deconstructs American popular thought in a biting sketch revue. From Immigration to Asian Carp, everything is fair game (or at least fairer than that blown call in Detroit). Find out what would happen if Elaine May and Stephen Colbert joined forces to make a satirical super baby when The Feminine Mystake opens to audiences on Saturday, July 10th at de Maat Theatre (3rd Floor Pipers Alley). The Feminine Mystake is a part of The Second City Training Center Directing Program Final Showcase and runs each Saturday through August 7th at 7:30 p.m.
The Feminine Mystake stars and is written by Aemilia Scott, Ben Cook, Nancy Fast, Jamie Campbell, Lauren Maul, Greg Callozzo, Megan Kelleher and Katie Thomas. The Feminine Mystake is directed by Trish Vignola with Music Direction by Amanda Murphy.
For more information visit: http://secondcity.com/training/chicago/performances
And if all those shows aren;t enough for you. Why not see second City in your own home!
5. Introducing The Second City Network!
Check out Second City's NEW NETWORK VIDEO SITE where you can find hilarious videos produced daily by their illustrious alumni.