Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft is in open beta! The online card game by Blizzard features a multi-player platform where you can earn, purchase, or craft cards. Level up classes, battle in the arena, or build customized decks to challenge friends, AI, or random opponents. Whether you're a seasoned card player or you're just starting out, if you haven't signed up for Hearthstone already here are 5 reasons why you should try it out now:
1. Get involved in the lore. From the Warcraft games to the Warcraft books, Blizzard has painted a rich tapestry of familiar characters and compelling stories. Hearthstone continues to delve into Warcraft's world, using cards and their abilities to display Warcraft legends and integrate lore into game play.
2. Always have someone to play against. Take advantage of online multi-player matches and challenge opponents at the time and place of your choosing. Have a hankering to play Hearthstone at 3 AM? Go right ahead. Want to play while you're in bed, entirely naked? Well, that's up to you.
3. Compete in ranked matches. It's easy to play but it's hard to be the best. Play ranked matches to achieve medals and see where you stack up. Create strategies based on personalized decks that can eviscerate the enemy and adapt to counter any situation.
4. Keep your cards. Blizzard promises that even after the beta, the cards you acquire now will rollover: "At this point in the beta, all purchases will exist in your game going forward. Also, as a thank you for testing out the in-game store during Hearthstone’s beta phase, everyone who purchased a card pack or entry into The Arena in the beta test will receive a Golden Legendary card, Gelbin Mekkatorque!"
5. It's free. And you know me, free games all the way.
So what are you waiting for? Sign-up is easy with your battle.net account. Give it a try!
Download Hearthstone here.
Check out strategy guides and suggested deck builds at HearthPwn.com.