It all boils down to the certainty you are able to inject to your business. When you are relying on the flickering in-house resources to deliver an appreciable enterprisal value, you are cardinally doing a great deal of disservice to your business. And when your business is significantly affected by your website or other web development solutions, there is a greater tendency to fall prey to the oversights.
There are several business managers who are still relying on HTML for their website. The fact that they remain unperturbed about the fact that their site is static (characteristic of an HTML website) can be owed to either the lack of awareness of the web world, or simply to an unwillingness to stay adrift through the online platform. Now, we don't aim to convince the latter, but the following sermon is dedicated to explaining why an HTML site must be converted to Wordpress for reaping maximum benefits of the CMS technology.
Despite the fact that an overwhelmingly larger chunk of the websites today are built on Wordpress, there is still a degree of doubt among the website owners in respect to whether or not they should get their HTML site transformed into a Wordpress site. Well, there is a whole ensemble of reasons that are relevant and very convincing for you to take the stride forward and get your HTML design converted to Wordpress theme:
- HTML is Static, Wordpress is Dynamic: Well, to begin with, any HTML site is bound to restrict your capabilities or ambitions to make your website boiled with new and advanced features. The static site can be made more versatile and dynamic, injecting more vibrancy to the whole set up. The HTML sites, once setup, can hardly be customized as and when the need arises. You might need to add a text box, or an attractive design element or few widgets. All these reasons make this platform unresponsive to the latest trends and demands. In HTML, you have to settle for less. In Wordpress, on the other hand, there is a free rein to get as creative and imaginative as you can. Wordpress in itself is a highly versatile platform that makes available to you a whole array of features to choose from. And the same would elucidated below
- No More Dealing with Arduous Editing Programs – When you are running a site on HTML, you can escape those editing programs like the Sharepoint or Dream Weaver. Now, there is no question over the resourcefulness of these editing programs. Since years, they have enabled web developers create quality websites, but it takes some investment in effort and time for you to gain an expertise in using a tool like Dream Weaver. Those folks who don't have any programming acumen and are not comfortable with editing programs are further dissuaded since HTML makes then imperative for use. With WordPress, there is absolutely no need for these tools. You are provided with the WYSIWYG editor that makes it a breeze to add, edit and remove the text.
- Scalability of Wordpress Makes it a Fuss-free Exercise to Frequently Update the Website with New Content: When you are running a content heavy website that requires to be frequently updated with new content, you need a reliable Content Management system where the whole exercise can be made straightforward and conducive. A CMS like Wordpress is structured in a manner that facilitates this operation without any set up. Whether you wish to update the site multiple times a day or once in a while, you don't have to do something extra or something less. As for HTML, it is an exceedingly cumbersome task to frequently update the site with new content.
- Easy to Edit and Personalize the Links – If your website is returning the 404 error much too often, your visitors are likely to be really putt-off with the experience and you stand a risk of losing them, and not gaining new new ones. When, in an HTML website, you are deleting a page, your site starts returning the 404 error because the page still exists on the Internet and whenever they are being clicked, the visitors see the error. Google also punishes the websites that return this 404 error. Wordpress however makes it easier for you to manage the links of deleted pages. You can remove them so that they are not visible to the Internet audience, thus eliminating the possibility of any 404 error.
- The WordPress Plugins – What really weaves magic around a Wordpress site is its array of add-ons and plugins that extend the feature-set of this CMS and give it an appeal much greater than the defaults. These plugins are filled with an amazing set of functionalities and capabilities which you can leverage to consistently tailor your site to suit the current and future demands from the web users. You can use the plugins to strengthen the search engine optimization of your site so that you garner heavier traffic that also happens to be more relevant. There are plugins that bolster the security of your website by preventing it from the hackers. You can also get your website being accessed at a greater speed using the various cache plugins. The social media functionalities can be embedded without any efforts really and they can really help you open your site to a whole band of social media users. The plugins are also helpful in connecting your website with your social media pages so that your visitors don't have to look for those as they are visible from the site only. And when you talk of HTML, every feature to be added involves writing long winded codes, which not only take a lot of time, but there is a limitation to how far you can go while extending your website's functionalities.
Metamorphosing the humdrums into most versatile and flexible web development value, Wordpress is a CMS that's taking huge leaps towards further advancement. In such a scenario, migrating from HTML would mean conditioning yourself for betterment.